Fire Extinguisher Inspections in Chicago
Serving Illinois, Northwest Indiana & Southern Wisconsin
A fire emergency can occur at any time, and within any area in your Illinois or Indiana business. Fire protection systems are ideal for controlling a blaze and for ensuring that the proper authorities are notified as soon as possible. But fire extinguishers are what offer your employees and clients the greatest chance of avoiding harm.
Have your fire extinguishers been inspected lately? If not, it’s entirely possible that they will fail when you need them most. Fire Science Techniques is your leading source for fire extinguisher support and services in Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin. In addition to our refill and replacement services, we proudly provide comprehensive fire extinguisher inspection services.
If it’s time to schedule fire extinguisher inspection in Illinois connect with Fire Science Techniques online, or dial (708) 294-8104 to set an appointment!
Why Regular Fire Extinguisher Inspections Are Important
Both local and national fire safety codes require the presence of appropriate fire extinguishers. These should be installed in strategic, easy-to-reach locations. But simply purchasing and installing extinguishers is not where the process stops.
Fire extinguishers will degrade over time in a variety of ways, including:
- Damage to extinguisher hoses, pins, and to the cylinder itself
- Loss of charge, either through use or over time
- Corrosion or rust on the cylinder or critical components
- Label degradation, which may obscure the extinguisher type or instructions, leading to unsafe use
For all of these reasons and more, it is imperative that extinguishers be inspected annually, and maintained on a basis that is consistent with the needs of your particular extinguishers. In fact, routine inspections aren’t actually a suggestion at all—they’re a legal requirement.
Our Fire Extinguisher Inspection Services in IL, IN & WI
When you connect with a fire extinguisher inspection company you want the process to be thorough, precise, and complete. Fire Science Techniques provides customized annual inspection services that will include:
- Verification of proper extinguisher placement at specific areas throughout the building. In the case of a commercial kitchen, a Class K fire extinguisher should always remain within 30 feet of any cooking equipment.
- Checking accessibility by ensuring there are no obstructions or challenges to reaching the extinguishers that may be detrimental in an emergency.
- A full damage inspection for signs of broken hoses, cracked nozzles, damaged or unsecured handles, missing locking pins, broken anti-tamper seals, and faded or crumpled labeling. Should any of these problems be found during an inspection, Fire Science Techniques can provide appropriate maintenance and repair—or replacement, if necessary.
- A fully generated record dated and tagged on the extinguishers we have inspected, as well as comprehensive reports for your compliance records.
Contact Fire Science Techniques for Commercial Fire Protection
With over 30 years of industry experience, trained and experienced technicians, and a dedication to the safety and compliance of our clients, Fire Science Techniques is your single source for complete fire protection systems and services. If you are in need of fire extinguisher inspection services, you can trust that our team will provide the focused services your business deserves.
We offer commercial fire protection services throughout Chicago and the surrounding areas of Cicero, Evanston, Hoffman Estates, Naperville, Orland Park, and Schaumburg in Illinois. We also serve Northwest Indiana and southern Wisconsin!
To schedule an appointment call (708) 294-8104 or contact Fire Science Techniques online!